Monday, September 1, 2008

Dishwashing

As I looked at that magnificent photo I put up on this blog last night which was of my beautiful kitchen sink I thought of this:

While I wait for my Earth shattering idea I indulge in many interesting things. Dishwashing is one of my all time favourites because it is so all time.

I have a saying- Life is just one dirty dish after another.

No matter what happens in our life we will always have the true joy of doing the dishes. I don't know about you, but, I really enjoy getting up in the morning and facing those last night's dishes which I left because I was just so tired from doing dishes all day the day before.

And I find it simply fantastic that no matter how many dishes you do there is always another one that comes along just after you've let the water out of the sink. True joy.

But the really great thing about being chained to the kitchen sink is that you really get time to think. You can think about when it is ever going to end or you can ponder what you really would prefer to be doing now rather than cleaning grease off that chipped dish in your hands. The best one I have is this. I will go to my death with dishes still to be done and some other lucky person gets to finish my job for me. I am sure he or she will think of me as they scrub that wonderful dish clean. It's sort of immortality isn't it. It's our sign that there is an afterlife.

No comments: