Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Green Goblin

I was just reading that the police are being equipped with Hummers in Melbourne CBD supposedly to look really tough and to combat the increase in brawling in the city. An off road vehicle such as the Hummer is just what is required in the heart of the city. The going can get really difficult. Things like jumping kerbs and navigating tram tracks can take its toll on a standard vehicle. The sheer all terrain capability of the Hummer is what is required for safety alone. ( wink wink).

So then I got to thinking................................................................

How tough do I look in my little Hyundai Excel? It is that bright metallic green. You know, that bug green colour?

I could be a vigilante. I could drive the streets at night in my powerful car and violent types would cringe. The sight of that car would inspire fear in their hearts.

It's like a mate said- " Lucky you shave your head Pete- you would look really femme in that car of yours otherwise."

Like most everything in my life. I bluff my way through and get away with it.

It's a skill. And I've got it. Lucky Pete!

No comments: