Friday, September 5, 2008

Idea skimming

One thing the internet has done for me is to teach me how to skim a page of writing. The process is called Cherry Picking. Just go to a webpage- one that is of absolute interest to you- one that you should be keen to pour over in great detail- so thirsty about its content that you should be prepared to drink in every nuance of it- and what do you do? Your eyes skim over all the words looking frantically for the punch line or that new bit of information your brain is craving. We have lost the ability to rest and drink when it comes to absorbing the communicated ideas of others. Move on nothing new here is the constant message we are receiving the whole time. We feel urgency to go faster and faster. We haven't got time to dilly-dally over a bunch of words- no way. We've got more important things to discover and do. We've got bigger fish to fry.



get what you came for and get out see that gotcha looking

This spin has got me and it has probably got you too. I feel I don't want to miss out on anything but I know I am missing out on so much because I am frantically looking out for not missing out on anything.

I, like most people do I am sure, spend my day shortchanging the moment because I am anxious to keep moving on.

God help those with families and those who also work regular jobs- they can't do what I am doing. They are pretty pissed off right about now I bet. How can this lazy slob sit there typing in this shit whilst I haven't got time to scratch myself.

And just exactly what am I doing? I am trying to force myself to slow down by observing the silly little moments in my life. I probably won't be able to do that when I am dead. Although from the stuff I skim on the internet this may not even be the case. Such is life in the days of string theory, Large Hadron Colliders, alternative realities, ufo's and whatever else we have skimmed over in our travels.

I reckon if God posted a blog and described exactly what it and He was all about people would just skate over it looking for more important stuff.

No comments: