Wednesday, September 10, 2008

They switched on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC)

God help us!!!!!!!!!

Oh. It's alright.

We're still here.


Well, I think we are here. I wouldn't really know where I am most of the time. It's all too fast for me. I must have a bit of Tolkein's Ent personality in me. It comes from living up here amongst the trees for so long.

And the device sends particles in opposite directions at near the speed of light and it crashes stuff into other stuff. Sounds like great fun. The resulting train wreck contains important particles to our makeup. Some of them are yet- to- be-discovered particles. Isn't that really exciting?

I've always wanted to know what particles disappeared from the top of my head that made me bald. If they find them maybe I can get them put back. I don't know how they ended up in Geneva though???

No comments: