Friday, October 3, 2008

Ooh a new word for insult

Some people are so intellectual. They possess words in their vocabulary that I don't even know exist.

Here's today's word then.

Curmudgeon.

Apparently uttered by an ABC radio presenter ( of course) to some famous person in an interview which ended badly.

I'm not going to tell you what it means. It would ruin your fun.

Thank God. I thought the modern way was to rid the world of the use of such words. But no. They are still alive. We still need a dictionary even if now it exists only in cyberspace.

The joy of scurrying around looking for the meaning of an insult would be denied to us if the modern world had its way.

The other c word is the usual insult I have encountered in my life. It is much shorter and so much more direct. It is the ultimate in crass. But it has no mystery to it. It is devoid of any kind of joy because of that.

I don't know about you but I find a certain success when someone loses it enough to insult me. I get this sort of inner glow. Like a smirk on the inside. It means I have pushed a very interesting button and they are totally vulnerable to me.

In males this is a particularly victorious result. And if you manage to avoid or even go with the resulting blows and punches it can be a very elevating experience.

How is it elevating. Well it gives one a sign that everyone isn't asleep in this world. It breaks apathy which reigns supreme in these troubled times.

Curmudgeon. Curmudgeon. I will have to practice this one until it flows as freely as that other word.

No comments: