Friday, April 3, 2009

We won't meet again

He's off and into the big world from whence he came. My big little friend Spidey was sitting on the window pane peering out longingly at the rain falling on the garden today. Then his many little eyes looked back sadly at me for assistance in opening the window. I knew the time had come.

We looked at each other for a short time and then I opened the window. He didn't want to go at first. So I coaxed him gently to leave with a stick. You have to go my friend. There is a big world out there for you.

Bye bye Spidey. He stayed here for over a month and he was such a joy to watch. But he has now gone.

I wonder if I shall ever escape this prison of my own making? To have the freedom that is now at the feet ( all 8 of them) of my friend Spidey is a dream to me. I hold onto comfort, security, responsibility, all obsolete notions at my age and I really don't have all that much time here in this mortal world.

Sigh!

Anyway got some dishes and----- and----- Empire Total War is behaving now ( sort of) so got world conquest ( simulated) to do and I'm flying off to Tazzie tomorrow so what more do I want.

Maybe I'll hook up with Spidey in Tazzie. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

No comments: