Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Withdrawal

There is a word for the phenomenon and it is Hikikomori . It means "pulling away, being confined", i.e., "acute social withdrawal" My daughter has been involving herself in corresponding to men on the internet through the various social networks. You know where this is going and I'm not going to enter any further into it on a personal level. I could get into big trouble if I do.

Anyway. I suffer a bit of it too. It's very easy now that we have these lovely repositories of our every thought and we can share these ever expanding archives with the rest of the disinterested world. Like I have done here.

But in the end no-one is interested in the banter we utter in our state of Hikikomori

And what does this mean for our future. Here's an example

1 comment:

Light Mystic said...

Here is a joke of a song I told Lani of that reminds me of this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdVVLbe1rfY

Of course I am no wolf but there is others!