Thursday, May 28, 2009

New mental illness

We have a new one folks. Fresh off the psychiatrist's warm couch comes Post-traumatic Embitterment Disorder.

Here's my take on it. You catch it usually from someone having kicked your guts in.

It's a big one and much more complex than plain old anger. We all have an element of bitterness. Like in all mental conditions, it is only a problem when it becomes a problem. Otherwise it is completely normal to have bitter thoughts from time to time. And don't forget. We have all had our guts kicked in at some time or other. If you think you haven't then you are the total arsehole who has been the one doing all the kicking.

Oh good! I was beginning to think I was an arsehole. Now I know I'm a really good guy because all my wives have kicked my guts in and run away not the other way round. So I must be the good guy.

I was beginning to think I had a problem here on overthinking. A great many of my posts could be seen as bitter. We can see that -too easy. So take your smart-arse cap off.

I said to my totally good-worded girlfriend that I write all this crap to let it out in a controlled way. In this way it stays where it belongs, here, harmlessly festering on some insignificant site on the net not in the real world. Some people let it out with a drink or six. Not me. I'm a good boy I am. I let it out here like a true wimp that I am. Though, hopefully it helps you let it out too when you read me letting it out.

Yep we're all one big happy family in the real world aren't we. But here we are bitter little arseholes.

No comments: