Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's like

I know, like, I have spoken of this before. But, like, I think it's time I really had a go at it for real.

When you listen to, like, young women talk, like, you notice, like, that they always like use like as a pause to every sentence they like utter. Like has obviously like replaced umm. But it like sounds more like classy---not.

And like, the other like thing I like notice is that they like always end a sentence on an upsweep. It's like it's going to be a question but it's like not.

All in all it like shits me so bad listening to their infantile dross that I feel like saying fuck between every fucking word I fucking say to them and finish on a down sweep that sounds like a guttural roar from a beast of hell. You know? Just to even thing up a bit. But I don't wish to sound common. There's nothing worse than people who are trying to be neatly common and youthful by speaking with like and upsweeps in every sentence. They just don't have the guts to be straight out common. The worst part of it all is that they really think they sound cool by doing it. Herd animals- all of 'em!

No comments: