Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Distraction

Do you feel like there is something you gotta do but you are always being distracted? Phone calls, texts, emails, people dropping in, family wanting your attention all that and then dishes and more dishes and lawns to mow and an aand,,,,,,, everything. Well I did- past tense. I did.

Now that I' m all alone at last, I am struggling to find the thing that I always thought I was being distracted from doing for all those years. How's that for fucking weird! After all my bitching about interruption and getting pissed off about so many things to do before I could do the thing I really wanted to do and being too busy doing meaningless shit and all that---- well it made me fucking forget what I really wanted to do in the first place. That's fucked!

I'm sitting here thumb- in- bum- and- mind- in- neutral. How totally fucked is that? It's poetic justice. It just goes back to the old whatever we are doing is not what we are supposed to be doing thing.

Looks like dishes is what we are really supposed to be doing. Everything else is purposeless.

No comments: