Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Too much

I don't think I am alone in feeling this.

I feel ever more distracted and overwhelmed. I want to do something but I seem not to know what I want to do so I don't do anything other than what I am doing and I feel frustrated whilst I am doing the thing I am doing because I would rather be doing something else but I don't know what else I would rather be doing. I just would rather be doing something other than what I am doing. I can't settle. Then when I am doing something I think I should be doing something else but there are so many other things to do I don't know which one I would rather do from what I am doing now. The thing I'm doing now seems to frustrate all the other things I would rather be doing but I really don't know what I would really like to do because there is no way of knowing where the bottom line to my yearnings lies.

So I just do the dishes and dream that I am more important than the chores I actually am doing at the time. But I'm not. I'm just a frustrated egotist who's lot in life is to do the dishes. But I just can't help feeling there is more to my life than this. But there isn't. I just wish there was.

There's gotta be something important for me to do.Doesn't there?

How pitiful is that?

But it's not my fault. Because the popular media say we are always capable of greatness. They keep throwing up all those achievers ( people who don't do dishes) as examples to us all. I just wanna know how the fuck they got past doing dishes all the time. I'm truly stuck.

1 comment:

Geoff maritz said...

You can't drive a parked car. Pick one and start doing it. Just remember you have to pay for parking. No I'm not some wise guy just someone who is speaking to himself.