Saturday, January 16, 2010

We could all have it

After recent a recent argument with a friend who has Obsessive compulsive disorder I thought I would read up on the subject. I wanted to refresh on just exactly what goes on with people who have this taxing condition. The first thing I realized was that I was lining up for an argument by even opening my mouth in the first place. But hey! Everyone knows I am a big mouth. Me and a friend who has OCD- not exactly a match made in Heaven. Here is a downloadable book called TIGHTROPE WALKING by a psych named Gwyneth Daniel.

If you have OCD or you are close to a person who has it then I think this book is worth a read.

Anyway having read it I reckon I have many of the attributes put forward as symptoms of OCD. But then- read any medical writings and you will have whatever you are reading about.

As much as I care for my OCD friend I gotta say- it's tough. I go from feeling sorry for her in her struggle for control  to finding her a self absorbed neurotic who wants to control all conversation and all outcomes and who has uncontrollable outbursts of anger and defensiveness if something is said which she is sensitive about. Which is pretty much any negative remark made against her. Like if she were to read this then it would be world war 3--- yet again.

But I cant get past the feeling that just maybe--- overthinking equals OCD. Oh this is a real worry. I don't want to be a real pain in the arse like them.

Now i better run for cover-- I can feel a nuke in the air. And it's coming my way.

No comments: